Established in 1911, the UWA’s ground-breaking research, quality academic staff and state-of-the-art facilities combine to offer a vibrant student experience at the World Top 100 University (#93rd, QS 2022). UWA is the only Western Australian (WA) University to belong to the Group of Eight.
UWA is #1 in WA for graduate employability (QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2020) and 5 Stars in Australia for teaching quality, student demand and student:teacher ratio (Good Universities Guide 2021)
43 Subjects at UWA are in the world’s Top 1% (ARWU 2020, QS 2021) include the below subjects:
- UWA was ranked first in Australia in five subject areas: Clinical Medicine, Marine/Ocean Engineering, Agricultural Sciences, Environmental Science & Engineering and Biological Sciences (ARWU 2019).
- Other subject areas ranked in the world’s top 50 included Anatomy and Physiology, Earth and Marine Sciences, Civil and Structural Engineering, Mineral and Mining Engineering, Geology, Geophysics, Psychology, Sports-related subjects.
- The UWA Business School is holding international accreditation through both EQUIS and AACSB, and part of a World Top 100 university.
Programs and Student Support at UWA
Comprehensive and Specialised degrees, Combined bachelor’s degrees, Integrated honours degrees and Combined bachelor’s and master’s degrees are delivered across UWA’s schools in different study areas include Agricultural, Environmental and Biological Sciences, Architecture, Design and Planning, Business and Commerce, Data and Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Health and Biomedical Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences, Law, Music and Fine Arts, Physical Sciences and Mathematics, Psychology
- You can take one or two majors from different areas in your three-year undergraduate degree.
- You may start advanced postgraduate-level studies in the third year of your bachelor’s degree and complete two degrees in just four years so you can enter your dream career sooner.
- Student Exchange for current UWA students at one of more than 150 partner universities worldwide.
- UWA helps you settle into university life by supporting you both academically and personally, from before you arrive in Australia to long after you’ve settled into university life with a huge array of social activities, clubs and supports such as UniMentor, International Student Support, Careers and Employability Centre etc.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Bachelor of Arts / Business / Music / Environmental Design / Science: ATAR 75 / IB 24 / UK A-Levels 8
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science / Commerce /Chemistry / Engineering (Hons) / Psychology / Earth Science / Agribusiness / Agricultural Science / Biological Science / Environmental Science / Marine Science / Molecular Sciences / Sport and Exercise Sciences: ATAR 80 / IB 26 / UK A-Levels 9
- Other UG courses: from ATAR 85 – 98 / IB 28 – 38 / UK A-Levels 10 – 15
UWA Global Excellence Scholarship 2022: up to AUD$48,000 over 4 years (AUD$12,000 per year)
|Undergraduate Amount per year||Australian Matriculation (ATAR)||UK GCE A-Levels||IB||US HS Diploma GPA & SAT||Advanced Placement (AP)|
|$12,000 AUD p.a||ATAR 99.00||16||40||3.8 + 1510||16|
|$9,000AUD p.a||ATAR 98.00 – 98.95||15||38||3.8 + 1440||15|
|$7,000AUD p.a||ATAR 93.00 – 97.95||14||33||3.4 + 1330||13|
|$5,000AUD p.a||ATAR 88.00 – 92.95||11||30||3.2 + 1270||11|
UWA Vietnam Award 2022: a fee reduction of $5,000 per year (up to $20,000 over four years), may be available to students from Vietnam who have planned to commence their studies in 2022 and meet the eligibility criteria.