Background information/Key selling points
- Arkansas State University (also known as A-State): The second-largest Public University in Arkansas, established a long time ago (in 1909), located in Jonesboro – one of the safest cities in the United States.
- The total number of students is more than 14,000 including about 5% of international students from more than 60 countries.
- We have a Career Services Office that helps find jobs for students, free support, job orientation after graduation for international students.
- Excellent teaching quality:
- A-State has more than 20 accreditation certificates by the highest accrediting organizations AACSB, ABET, NCATE,…
- More than 85% of faculty hold the highest academic degrees in their field
- Many training programs, fields: Associate, Bachelor, Master, Ph.D.,…
- High Ranking in the US: (Niche and The U.S News & Report 2021)
- #2 in Top Public Universities in Arkansas
- 120 of 1,407 Best College Athletics in America
- #154 – #209 in Top Public Schools
- #298 – #389 in National Universities
- #123 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs
- Flexible intake:
- English Second Language: January, March, May, June, August, October
- Undergraduate programs: January, May, August
- Master programs: January, May, August
- In addition to classroom learning, students can join the A-State Red Wolves athletic team, a member of NCAA Division 1, and compete in more than 10 different sports. There are also more than 200 clubs and student organizations.
Arkansas State University has more than 150 academic programs, concentrations, and options. The top five fields that international students come for:
- Business: Our Business school is AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and NIBS (Network of International Business Schools) accredited. Sample majors: Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Management, Marketing, Global Supply Chain Management, MBA, Master of Accounting
- Engineering: Our Engineering school is ABET (Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology) accredited. Sample majors: Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering, Master of Engineering or Master of Engineering Management
- Media & Communications: Our Communications school is accredited by ACEJMC (Accrediting Council of Education in Journalism and Mass Communication)—there are only 109 schools in the U.S. accredited by this board
- Science & Mathematics Majors
General admission requirements
- High School Diploma and Transcripts with GPA 6.5/10
- IELTS >= 5.5 or TOEFL iBT 61 or equivalent
- Not required SAT/ACT
- University Diploma and Transcripts with GPA 7.0/10
- IELTS >= 6.0 or TOEFL iBT >= 79 or equivalent
- Required GMAT/GRE for some Master’s programs such as MBA, Accountancy, etc.
Tuition & fees and Scholarship
- A-State is financially supported by the state. Tuition: $10,000$ – $13,500/ for both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. (Excluding scholarships).
- The cost of living is 12.8% lower than the U.S. average. The estimated cost including room, meals, and insurance is around $9,000 – $10,000$/year.
- Scholarship more $5000/year, applicable for 4 years of bachelor’s degree.
Estimated total annual cost: $19,000 – $23,500