Introduction about University of Hertfordshire Higher Education Corporation
- Name of Institution: University of Hertfordshire Higher Education Corporation (Public Funded University)
- Year Established: 1992 as a University (but 1952 as one of the 4 oldest Polytechnics College in the world)
- Number of Schools: 9
- Location: The University has the perfect location, situated in the historical town of Hatfield, just 20 minutes by direct train from Central London.
- Platinum Award for Eco-friendly campus: 3 Campuses: 2 all-in-ones with accommodation on-campus site, and the 3rd campus is Bayfordbury Observatory – one of the largest and most expensive teaching observatories in the UK.
- Number of Students: >25,000
- International Students: 4,000
- International Partnerships: >100
- TEF status: GOLD AWARD in Teaching Excellent
The University of Hertfordshire is a large public university offering over 350 courses with a strong focus on the employability of our graduates. We provide students with the knowledge, practical skills, and experience that employers look for, giving our graduates the best chance of career success. Our course fee is highly competitive in the UK with value scholarships available for Vietnamese students.
The University has been rated Gold in Teaching Excellent Framework for delivering consistently outstanding teaching. The University owns State of the Art campuses offering students a perfect study environment with many sector-leading facilities.
Key selling points
- Great location – just 20 minutes by train from central London
- A Gold Rated University for Teaching Excellence – Huge Employment Rate of 96,5%
- Highly competitive tuition fees
- Second safest campuses in the East of England
- Award-winning for Campus Facilities, Platinum Award for Eco-friendly Campuses
- UG Degrees: £13,450 per year
- PG Degrees: £13,950 per course
- Business – one of the biggest Business Schools in the UK, covering a large range of courses such as Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing, HRM, Event Management, Hospitality & Tourism Management, IT Management, Project Management, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, International Business, Business Studies, etc
- Economics ranked 4th in the UK
- Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management ranked 7th
- Journalism and Media Communication rank 20th in the UK.
- Computer Sciences – one of the oldest Computer Science Schools in the UK; MSc courses have 1-year guaranteed work placement.
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering rank 10th in the UK
- Engineering – Aerospace and Automotive engineering enjoy world reputation; UH’s F1 Racing is the most successful UK Formula Student team of all time. All F1 teams in the world have our graduates.
- Arts and Design is one of the best schools in the UK
- 3D, 2D Animation and Game Design, Illustration, Visual Effect for Films and TV – Excellent Reputation: Ranked 1st as the Best Animation School in the UK (7th worldwide – Rookies World School Rankings® 2020).
- Film & TV production and photography – top 10; students attended all Harry Porter movies production; graduates won Oscar Award in 2014
- Law – graduate employability rate achieves 98%
- Physics, Astronomy, History – top 5; the University has its own observatory on campus
- £500 – £2,000 Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship available
- £4,000 Country-specific Scholarships for all subjects (one offer only)